- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or Creole mustard or similar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds top round steak
1. Combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, garlic, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
2. Put the steak in a large food storage bag and pour the marinade over.
Turn to coat the steak, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours.
3. Broil the steak 2 to 3 inches from the heat for about 6 to 9 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.