- 10 ounces sliced mushroom (about 3 3/4 cups)
- 16 ounces frozen whole small white onion
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 lb. skinless, chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine (drink it quickly, then add another to the recipe)
- Hot mashed or oven-roasted potato
1. Place the mushrooms, onions, rosemary and chicken into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
2. Stir the cornstarch, soup and wine in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours (Alternatively, cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours….but the preferred way is longer, slower).
4. Remove and discard the rosemary.
5. Serve the chicken mixture with the mashed potatoes.